There are so many beauty products on the market these days, it is difficult to determine what they all actually do and which of them have real benefit and which are little more than cosmetic gimmicks. So where does that leave makeup primer? Well, a good makeup primer falls into the “gotta have” category, if you want your makeup to last longer and skin to be healthier, especially over time.
Primer allows your makeup to last longer by smoothing out skin and creating a base for foundation and color cosmetics to latch onto. It creates a canvas for makeup to sit on so that it can’t seep into pores and look uneven. And not only can it prevent clogged pores, depending on the type of primer, it can blur pores, wrinkles and fine lines, moisturize dry skin so foundation doesn’t get patchy, color correct red spots, brighten dull skin, and mattify oily skin. In fact, there’s a primer on the market for each skin type and benefit.
So, So Coco Stay is a silicone-free cream primer whose mix of natural ingredients acts as a moisturizer for skin, a canvas for makeup allowing for noticeably longer wear, and buffer against toxins, including pollution. Each does its part to help achieve smooth, hydrated skin, just tacky enough for makeup to adhere to:
- Organic Coconut Oil: This super oil is naturally antibacterial and moisturizing, providing a much needed quench for tired and dehydrated skin
- Safflower Oil: Lubricant properties create surface for makeup to adhere to while also removing dirt and oil
- Organic Aloe: Named the "plant of immortality" by Ancient Egyptians, aloe keeps skin hydrated, helps maintain skin elasticity to fight aging, heals acne and eczema, and acts as a moisturizer
- Shea Butter: Its emollient properties melt into your skin, creating a smooth barrier that seals in moisture for hours
- Organic Cocoa: Its antioxidants help reduce signs of aging and restore skin damaged from UV rays and everyday toxins such as pollution
- Organic Castor Oil: Evens out skin tone and enhances smoothness to help create a canvas for makeup to adhere to without clogging pores
And here’s another bonus -- Stay also works alone beautifully as a moisturizer or natural illuminator. No need to apply any makeup. The coconut oil creates an organic brightness while each of the other ingredients work together to soothe, smooth, and even out skin.
Be sure to check out Stay’s product page for FAQs and a full ingredient list!