Stay - Primer & Skin Quencher
So, So Coco Stay is a lightweight face primer and moisturizer cream that preps your skin and provides a base for your makeup to latch onto for long-wear. It can be worn under powder and cream cosmetic products, on no-foundation days as a canvas for bronzer or blush, or alone to provide a natural brightness.
Benefits of using Stay
- Create a smooth, flawless base for foundation to easily latch onto
- Even out skin tone and complexion, reduce inflammation
- Nourish tired and dehydrated skin
- Facilitate foundation application and prolong wear and color-stay
Instructions: Dab onto cheeks and forehead, rubbing product into skin and then softly patting face to ensure it is evenly dispersed. Face should feel soft and slightly tacky before product dries. If wearing with makeup, apply immediately for best results. If wearing alone, try rubbing a second round onto cheekbones in upward motion for a brightened look.
For dry to normal skin types: Use rice-sized amounts on cheeks and forehead, massaging onto nose and chin as desired. For dry skin, repeat if needed.
For oily and combination skin types: Start with smaller than rice-sized amounts on cheeks and forehead, then massage onto rest of face. Use sparingly on most oily parts of face, using only enough to create a base for makeup to adhere to. Your perfect amount will vary depending on skin type and may require some experimenting.
- Organic Coconut Oil: This super oil is naturally antibacterial and moisturizing, providing a much needed quench for tired and dehydrated skin
- Safflower Oil: Lubricant properties create surface for makeup to adhere to while also removing dirt and oil
- Organic Aloe: Named the "plant of immortality" by Ancient Egyptians, aloe keeps skin hydrated, helps maintain skin elasticity to fight aging, heals acne and eczema, and acts as a moisturizer
- Shea Butter: Its emollient properties melt into your skin, creating a smooth barrier that seals in moisture for hours
- Organic Cocoa: Its antioxidants help reduce signs of aging and restore skin damaged from UV rays and everyday toxins such as pollution
- Organic Castor Oil: Evens out skin tone and enhances smoothness to help create a canvas for makeup to adhere to, does not clog pores
Ingredients Aqua (Deionized Water), Glycerin (Kosher, Vegetable), Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Organic Sunflower), Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil (Organic Coconut), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Organic Aloe), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Organic Cocoa), Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Organic Castor), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Centella Asiatica Extract (Organic Gotu Kola), Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract (Honeysuckle), Lonicera Japonica Leaf Extract (Japanese Honeysuckle), Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail), Geranium Maculatum Extract (Wild Geranium), Taraxacum Officinale Extract (Organic Dandelion), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Organic Green Tea), Cocos Nucifera Fruit Powder (Organic Coconut), Sodium Hydroxide, Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Decyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Does Stay blur my pores? Stay was not formulated with pore-blurring in mind, and the reality is if you are primarily looking for this function then Stay will be not what you are looking for, however Stay does offer great skin smoothing properties.
Is Stay scented? At Be Fancy we don't use any added fragrances because we know many people have sensitive noses, so any smell that a product has is derived organically from the ingredients themselves. In the case of Stay you note the natural scent of the cocoa, though it is not overwhelming.
Does Stay work for oily skin? Stay hydrates the skin and creates a subtle, natural dewy base. Those with more oily skin types may need to blot throughout the day as this is not mattifying.
Can I wear stay alone as a moisturizer? Yes, Stay is a great moisturizer, check out our ingredient spotlight below!
Can Stay be used as an eyelid primer? It is not designed for that purpose, however it is safe on eyelids and we have found that it can give a nice glossy, dewy effect to eyeshadow looks.